Home Page for Kung-Kiu Lau
I am a senior lecturer in the School of Computer Science at the The University of Manchester. My contact details are as follows: Postal Address: Kung-Kiu Lau
School of Computer Science
The University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: +44 161 275 5716 Fax: +44 161 275 6204 Email: kung-kiu at cs.man.ac.uk
Currently my main research area is Component-based Software Development. See my research page for details.
I lead the Component-based Software Development research group at Manchester.
A list of PhD projects that I offer can be found here.
Current Research Projects
Currently I am Principal Investigator on the CESAR project, a European project funded by the ARTEMIS Joint Undertaking.
A list of some of my publications can be found here.
Book Series on Component-based Software Development
I am the series editor of a book series on Component-based Software Development, published by World Scientific.
Journal of Applied Logic
I am a member of the editorial board (scientific area editor: Logic and Software Engineering) of the Journal of Applied Logic, published by Elsevier.
Current Conference Committees
I am a PC member for the following conferences:
- Seventh International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Software Engineering (TASE), 1-3 July 2013, Birmingham, UK.
- Eightteenth IEEE International Conference on Engineering Complex Computing Systems (ICECCS), 17-19 July 2013, Singapore.
- Eleventh International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications (SERA), 7-9 August 2013, Prague, Czech Republic.
Theory and Practice of Logic Programming: Special Issue on Program Development
On the occasion of the tenth anniversary of the LOPSTR Workshop, I guest edited (with Maurice Bruynooghe) a special issue of the Theory and Practice of Logic Programming journal on program development, Volume 2, Parts 4 and 5, July and September 2002.
Journal of Symbolic Computation: Special Issue on Schemas
I guest edited (with Pierre Flener and Wolfgang Bibel) a special issue of the Journal of Symbolic Computation on schemas, Volume 30, Number 1, July 2000.
I am Programme Co-Chair of:
- The Second European Conference on Service-oriented and Cloud Computing (ESOCC) , 11-13 September 2013, Malaga, Spain.
I am Programme Co-Chair of:
- Component-based Model-based Development, Components and Services Track (MOCS), Thirty-ninth Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, 4-6 September 2013, Santander, Spain
I was Programme Co-Chair of:
- Component-based Software Engineering Track (ECBSE), Thirty-fourth Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications, 3-5 September 2008, Parma, Italy.
I was the Programme Chair for ICFEM 2005, Seventh International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods.
CL 2000 & LOPSTR 2000
I was the Programme Chair for LOPSTR 2000, which was the Program Development stream at CL 2000, the First International Conference on Computational Logic.