COMP60121: Automated Reasoning (2006-2007)
- 10 Jan. 2007: There will be a revision session during which you
have the opportunity to ask questions:
Friday 12th January
2:00 pm Alan's part on resolution
3:15 pm Renate's part on advanced techniques
- 6 Nov. 2006: Please note the following change to the assessed
coursework of Part II. You don't have to do part (c) of Question 10.
This means there is no need to submit an MSPASS file. The
question will still be marked out of 10.
- 1 Nov. 2006: The lab session that was supposed to take place on
the 23rd will take place on
Monday, November 6th, 11:00 - 13:00, in the MSc lab.
- 17 Oct. 2006: Schedule of Lunch Time Consultation Hours on Part II
- 04 Oct. 2006: The following is an update to the handout
"Introduction, Timetable and Work Schedule" including a clarification on
the Part II paper exercises on sets.
- 2:00pm, Monday 9th October - Part I Laboratory Exercise 1 deadline
- 5:00pm, Friday 13th October 2006 - Part II paper Exercises on Sets (not assessed)
- 12:30pm, Monday 16th October 2006 - Part I Laboratory Exercise 2 deadline
(extension to 2:00pm 19th October permitted)
- 5:00pm Friday 20th October 2006 - Part I Resolution Exercises (on paper)
- 5:00pm Friday 10th November 2006 - Part II Assessed Courework (on
paper and MSPASS exercise)
Please let us know in good time if you have problems with the set
The course description gives details about the aims and learning
outcomes of the course, reading material, assessment, and the syllabus.
Locations and times
Refer to the MSc Course Unit Timetable
- Times: 9:00-17:00 on Mondays, 2 - 30 October.
- Venues: Lectures and exercise classes will be in Room 2.19, unless otherwise stated.
The labs will be in the MSc lab (2.25a & 2.25b).
- Times and venues of Lunch Time Consultation Hours on Part II
Slides & Handouts
The course does not follow a specific book: copies
of the slides are made available.
Recommended reading material is listed on the
course description webpage. Further references may be given during
There is no need to buy a book.
All books are available in the Resources Centre Library or the main
60% coursework, 40% exam
Renate A. Schmidt
FM Group |
Dept Computer Science |
Last modified: 11 Jan 07
Copyright © 2006-07
Renate A. Schmidt,
School of Computer Science, Man Univ, email@example.com