How to Create a Zip File
The files that form your answer submission should be archived using zip
before uploading. On a unix or linux system you can zip files using the
zip command in a terminal:
zip sumission.zip file1 file2 file3 ..etc..
When using Windows, you will need a tool
like WinZIP - if you do not have a copy of WinZIP you can obtain one
To create the zip file containing the files to submit:
- Make sure you have WinZIP installed.
- Locate the files you want to submit using Windows Explorer.
- Select the files using Ctrl+left mouse button.
- With the mouse over one of the selected files, from the popup
menu select the WinZIP -> Add files to zip... option.
- Enter an appropriate name for the zip file in the requester that
- Okay the requester, this should start the packing process.
- Submit the zip file this operation creates.
If you have problems uploading your answer, please contact your course
lecturers or the Bodington support team at Ian Horrocks