Nick is no longer at
The University of Manchester
See members of BHIG
for an alternative contact
August 2011 - Nick has left the School of Computer Science to work in industry.
He worked for Alan Rector on an industrial collaboration project with Siemens Healthcare, investigating knowledge driven applications for healthcare.
His previous project was the JISC funded CO-ODE project, creating tools for ontology developers.
Nick has been a developer on several pieces of software:
Protégé 4.0 OWL ontology editor
Protégé 4.0 plugins a selection of plugins for editing and browsing OWL ontologies
ontology browser an online OWL ontology browser and query tool
owl patch a small utility for diff and patch between (sets of) ontologies
ROW DL reasoning through a web interface
He also started developing an ontology of Photography
- [PDF] Drummond, N., Rector, A.L., Stevens, R., Moulton, G., Horridge, M., Wang, H, Seidenberg, J. Putting OWL in Order: Patterns for Sequences in OWL, in 2nd OWL Experiences and Directions Workshop, Athens, GA
- Stevens, R., Egana Aranguren, M., Wolstencroft, K., Sattler, U., Drummond, N., Horridge, M., Rector, A.L., Managing OWL’s Limitations in Modelling Biomedical Knowledge, accepted for International Journal of Human-Computer Studies 2006
- Wang, H., Horridge, M., Rector A.L., Drummond, N., Seidenberg, J., Debugging OWL Ontologies: A Heuristic Approach, in 4th International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC) 2005
- Rector, A., Drummond, N., Horridge, M., Rogers, J., Knublauch, H., Stevens, R., Wang, H. and Wroe, C., OWL Pizzas: Common errors & common patterns from practical experience of teaching OWL-DL, in European Knowledge Acquisition Workshop (EKAW) 2004, Springer Verlag, 63-81
- Rector, A., Drummond, N., Horridge, M., Knublauch, H., Rogers, J., Stevens, R., Wang, H. and Wroe, C., Designing User interfaces to Minimise Common Errors in Ontology Development: The CO-ODE and HyOntUse Projects, in UK E-Science All Hands Meeting 2004
- [PDF] Bechhofer, S., Drummond, N., Goble, C., Supporting Public Browsing of an Art Gallery Collections Database, in Database and Expert Systems Applications (DEXA) 2000